Help promote normal immune response to herpes simplex outbreaks
Help promote normal immune response to herpes simplex outbreaks with Echinacea, Astragalus, and Licorice*
- Triggers for herpes simplex outbreaks can include sunlight, hormonal changes, a weakened immune system and traumatic events such as injury or surgery, or unusual stress levels.
- When these cold sores or outbreaks occur, they can be inconvenient, uncomfortable and painful.
- Herp Defense helps manage the frequency and duration of outbreaks, promoting a normal immune response.*
- With 12 immune-supporting whole herbs, including Echinacea Angustifolia, Echinacea Purpurea, and Astragalus.*
- With Licorice and Dulse to help promote healing and recovery.*
- For outbreaks: take 2 capsules, 3 times daily, for 2 weeks. Then 2 capsules daily for 2 weeks.
- For ongoing maintenance (optional): take 1 capsule daily.
- Note: sores may still be contagious up to seven days after they heal, so continue use for 1 week after physical signs disappear.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTSSee All
- ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA ROOT
- ECHINACEA PURPUREA ROOT
- DULSE LEAF
Take 2 capsules, 3 times daily, for 2 weeks. Then 2 capsules daily for 2 weeks. For maintenance, take 1 capsule daily. Note: sores are still contagious up to seven days after they heal, so continue use for 1 week after physical signs disappear.
Do not use if tamper proof seal is damaged or missing. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Consult a health care professional prior to use if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications. Keep out of reach of children.
ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA ROOT
Potent extract with antimicrobial properties to help boost
immune defenses.* Synergistic with echinacea purpurea
for increased benefits.*
ECHINACEA PURPUREA ROOT
Potent extract with immune-boosting properties to help
strengthen immune response.* Synergistic with Echinacea
angustifolia for increased benefits.*
Rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin
A and Potassium.
An amino acid that may help
reduce duration and
frequency of outbreaks.*
What’s the story on licorice and blood pressure?
Licorice is a widely studied natural antiviral, female hormone balancer, and adaptogenic herb that can help address stress and adrenal fatigue. It's also commonly used as a complementary herb used in modest amounts in both Western and Eastern herbal blends. in very high doses, the licorice "glycyrrhizin" can cause elevated blood pressure.
Since 1978 Crystal Star has focused on the functional benefits of whole herbs formulated with secondary and tertiary supporting ingredients. The amount of Licorice in Herp Defense is just a small part of the 12 whole herb formula. However, we don’t recommend any form of licorice for people with a history of renal failure as well as people who are on heart medication or steroid drugs. Please discontinue if you become pregnant.
Can phytoestrogens increase risk for diseases like breast cancer?
While it’s true that some herbs like Dong Quai, Red Clover, and Licorice contain natural phytoestrogens (estrogen-like compounds), there is no credible evidence that moderate intake of these herbs in their whole form will increase your risk for estrogen driven disease, like breast cancer.
Dr. Linda Page combined numerous whole herbs in moderate amounts in the formulas. This type of traditional herbal approach reduces the potential for side effects or reactions, and is a primary reason many herbalists choose to blend herbs rather than use high doses of any one herb. The blended herbs in a moderate concentration act more like a food than a drug in the system. They go through normal digestion and elimination like a food, not building up in the system or burdening the body with potential toxicity.
Still, if you have an estrogen-based health problem, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor before using herbs that can affect hormone balance. Other products on the market use concentrated sources of phytoestrogens, or may be otherwise inappropriate for your unique health needs.