Help support flow urgency and urinary tract health
Help support flow urgency and urinary tract health with Saw Palmetto, Ginger, Nettle and Goldenseal*
- Over half of men above the age of 50 are likely to have an enlarged prostate, generally attributed to changing hormones as we age.
- These hormonal changes cause the prostate to grow, putting pressure on your urethra. As the urethra narrows, the bladder must contract more forcefully to push urine through the body.
- Symptoms may include trouble starting a stream of urine, leaking, or the opposite - the sudden urge to go, often in the middle of the night.
- Crystal Star Prostate Support is a blend of 18 whole herbs formulated to help support healthy prostate tissue and help with normal urination.*
- With Saw Palmetto and Goldenseal for anti-inflammatory benefits and to support healthy prostate tissue.*
- With Ginger and Nettle Leaf to support healthy urinary tract and circulation.*
- Take 2 capsules, twice daily.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTSSee All
- SAW PALMETTO BERRY
- GOLDENSEAL ROOT
- NETTLE LEAF
Take 2 capsules, twice daily.
MAY CONTAIN TREE NUTS (GINKGO). Keep out of reach of children. Consult a health care professional prior to use if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications. Do not use if tamper proof seal is damaged or missing.
SAW PALMETTO BERRY
This anti-inflammatory berry
promotes healthy prostate tissue.*
Antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and
anti-viral effects, promote urinary health.*
A warming herb that
An anti-inflammatory. Helps cleanse urinary tract and
helps soothe symptoms of an enlarged prostate.*
What’s the story on licorice and blood pressure?
Licorice is a widely studied natural antiviral, female hormone balancer, and adaptogenic herb that can help address stress and adrenal fatigue. It's also commonly used as a complementary herb used in modest amounts in both Western and Eastern herbal blends. in very high doses, the licorice constituent "glycyrrhizin" can cause elevated blood pressure.
Since 1978 Crystal Star has focused on the functional benefits of whole herbs formulated with secondary and tertiary supporting ingredients. The amount of Licorice in Prostate Support is just a small part of the 18 whole herb formula. However, we don’t recommend any form of licorice for people with a history of renal failure as well as people who are on heart medication or steroid drugs. Please discontinue if you become pregnant.
Can phytoestrogens increase risk for diseases like breast cancer?
While it’s true that some herbs like Dong Quai, Red Clover, and Licorice contain natural phytoestrogens (estrogen-like compounds), there is no credible evidence that moderate intake of these herbs in their whole form will increase your risk for estrogen driven disease, like breast cancer.
Dr. Linda Page combined numerous whole herbs in moderate amounts in the formulas. This type of traditional herbal approach reduces the potential for side effects or reactions, and is a primary reason many herbalists choose to blend herbs rather than use high doses of any one herb. The blended herbs in a moderate concentration act more like a food than a drug in the system. They go through normal digestion and elimination like a food, not building up in the system or burdening the body with potential toxicity.
Still, if you have an estrogen-based health problem, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor before using herbs that can affect hormone balance. Other products on the market use concentrated sources of phytoestrogens, or may be otherwise inappropriate for your unique health needs.