Natural Skin Hydration from the Inside
Smooth, Plump and Hydrate Skin with White Tea Leaf, Tremella Mushroom, & Horsetail*
- Our skin – so taken for granted. It’s the largest organ of the body. It protects us from microbes and the elements and helps regulate body temperature.
- The secret of great skin is how you nourish it - not just topically with expensive creams and serums - but internally, by providing vital nutrients.
- Beautiful Skin is a blend of 17 whole herbs with antioxidant properties that synergistically work together to help promote cell turnover and support collagen synthesis.*
- With White Tea Leaf as an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory to fight free radicals that contribute to signs of aging.*
- With Tremella Mushroom, a natural hydrator (like hyaluronic acid) that helps draw moisture into the skin for a plumper appearance.*
- With Horsetail, which contains silica, a mineral essential to maintaining and restoring collagen.*
- Related Product: Try Beautiful Hair and Nails to promote growth and strength.*
ACTIVE INGREDIENTSSee All
- WHITE TEA LEAF
- TREMELLA MUSHROOM
- WHITE SAGE LEAF
Take 2 capsules, twice daily, for 1 month. Then 2 capsules daily for maintenance.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Keep out of reach of children. Consult a health care professional prior to use if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications. Do not use if tamper proof seal is damaged or missing.
WHITE TEA LEAF
An anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory to
fight free radicals that contribute to signs of aging.*
An ancient Chinese beauty ingredient, this super-hydrator draws moisture
into the skin (similar to hyaluronic acid) for a plump appearance.*
Contains silica, a trace mineral essential
to maintain and restore collagen.*
WHITE SAGE LEAF
Encourages daily cell regeneration.*
What’s the story on licorice and blood pressure?
Licorice is a natural antiviral, female hormone balancer, and adaptogenic herb that has been widely studied. It can help address stress and adrenal fatigue. It's also commonly used as a complementary herb, used in modest amounts, in both Western and Eastern herbal blends. In very high doses, the licorice constituent "glycyrrhizin" can cause elevated blood pressure.
Since 1978 Crystal Star has focused on the functional benefits of whole herbs formulated with secondary and tertiary supporting ingredients. The amount of Licorice in Beautiful Skin is just a small part of the 17 whole herb formula. However, we don’t recommend any form of licorice for people with a history of renal failure as well as people who are on heart medication or steroid drugs. Please discontinue if you become pregnant.
Can phytoestrogens increase risk for diseases like breast cancer?
While it’s true that some herbs like Dong Quai, Red Clover, and Licorice contain natural phytoestrogens (estrogen-like compounds), there is no credible evidence that moderate intake of these herbs in their whole form will increase your risk for estrogen driven disease, like breast cancer.
Dr. Linda Page combined numerous whole herbs in moderate amounts in the formulas. This type of traditional herbal approach reduces the potential for side effects or reactions, and is a primary reason many herbalists choose to blend herbs rather than use high doses of any one herb. The blended herbs in a moderate concentration act more like a food than a drug in the system. They go through normal digestion and elimination like a food, not building up in the system or burdening the body with potential toxicity.
Still, if you have an estrogen-based health problem, it’s a good idea to talk to your doctor before using herbs that can affect hormone balance. Other products on the market use concentrated sources of phytoestrogens, or may be otherwise inappropriate for your unique health needs.